Thursday, March 28, 2013

Prior to registration, I was a Business Administration major hot OFF the trail from Accounting. I knew I wanted to specialize in something I just didn't know what that something would be. I still needed my Intro to Marketing course for the College of Business general requirements, so I (obviously) slapped it on my schedule and showed up to class.

I chose Dr. Philhours specifically because I met her the semester before (whether she remembers or not) in Jodie Cherry's Intro to Leadership Seminar. My thought process went as such, "If Jodie thinks highly enough of her to have her as a guest for our final presentations, then she must be worth taking." That and the audience at ratemyprofessor.com had rave reviews.

I never thought much to Marketing. As the average Joe, I just assumed it had to do with flashy advertising and the Super Bowl commercials. Boy, was I ignorant! There is so much more to it than that. Sooooo much more that I decided that it would be my something. 

Thanks to this class and a little internal searching, I am now a Marketing major! 

No comments:

Post a Comment