Call me nerdy, but I get really excited when I get to see the material in different classes overlap.
Last Thursday, my Leadership class decided not to meet; instead we were instructed to attend one of the seminars hosted by the Multicultural Center's Women's Leadership Conference. Being the Business Major, I chose Finances 101.
Chad Chadwick was the guest speaker and he presented on personal credit. He opened the floor for discussion and we started shooting off questions. One woman asked, "Why do stores offer different credit cards? Why isn't one generic card enough?" I piped in, "Because of Marketing. Each store can 'reward' you for shopping with them. Victoria's Secret can send you coupons when you hit a certain spending limit to entice you to buy more, but if you just had a regular Discover or Visa card, you would miss out on those deals." Chad told me I was right, something I always like to hear.
It also ties into the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) method I learned last semester in Management Information Systems. CRM allows you to gain data that helps you provide services/products that your customers want, provide better customer service, resell, close deals, and most importantly retain customers. That flows hand in hand with Marketing whose purpose is to create, communicate, and deliver value.
I love how in Business everything relates to one another. The different majors are more like parts of a whole rather than independent fields.
No comments:
Post a Comment