As I'm watching my favorite show on Hulu.com, I notice how much advertising has changed. When I first visited the site, my exposure to ads was one every commercial break. But, the more I frequented the site, the increase in ads appeared. I now watch three to four ads every commercial break. They are the same ads I would see on T.V. so the experience is almost the same. Unlike T.V., I can customize my ad experience. With every ad, I have a sidebar that asks if the commercial is relevant and if I want to swap ads.
I've also noticed the change in YouTube. In years past, I don't remember having to watch ads before my searches, but now there is at least one ad that plays before every search. They've even added advertisements at the bottom of the screen while the video is playing. Promotions via the internet is the best way to keep the public's attention. Schedules are getting crazier and technology is getting more advanced. With the ability to stream videos not only online, but in the palm of your hand via tablet or phone, it is important to keep up with the change. Netflix, the Hopper, and other video outlets all now offer online streaming as a bottom line packaging deal. We're in the digital age now. Even my Grandma has a Facebook...
No comments:
Post a Comment