I find it interesting and a tad bit creepy to see how integrated marketing is with the buzz of social media. It is a great outlet to advertise and catch the attention of consumers. It can also feel invasive.
I recently tweeted, "Suddenlink commercials are obnoxious." Mind you, there were no hashtags mentioning Suddenlink, I didn't @ them in the tweet, no direct communication was made towards them. Within the hour, Suddenlink tweeted at me, "Thanks for the input!"
I almost felt like someone was watching me from a dark corner alleyway or something. It's a great reminder to always be aware of what you post because anyone and everyone can see it.
It's a smart strategy to capture the true feedback on products/services since most people, including myself, are not paying attention to how closely our posts are being monitored.A company with a good Customer Relationship Management plan could make great use of this marketing strategy. Just make sure not to be too creepy.
No comments:
Post a Comment